Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad wont charge at all what should i do?

hello,

i have the 1st generation ipad and it is in almost perfect condition,

i have not used it a huge amount apart from on travels and i have tried to charge the battery and for some reason it will not charge.

what should i do? can apple give me a new ipad or fix it for me?? i dont want to spend a huge amount of money on a new ipad as there is nothing wrong with this one apart from the charging issue!

thanks x 😕

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 9:31 AM

3 replies

Apr 11, 2013 9:34 AM in response to sophie97

Have you tried a reset to see if it charges after the iPad has restarted ? Press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

If that doesn't work then have you got a different charger and/or cable that you could try, and/or do you know anybody else with an iPad so that you can try their charger and cable and they can try yours ?

Apple do have a battery replacement program : http://www.apple.com/batteries/replacements.html

my ipad wont charge at all what should i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.