Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Searching/No Service on iPhone 5 Wake

Over the last week I have a tremendous problem with my iPhone 5 (32gb ios 6.1.3). When I wake up the phone to make a call (slide the unlock) it shows 1 bar...then Searching.....then NO SERVICE...then it finally shows 3/4/5 bars depending on where I'm located. (I'm located in a very good LTE area - Greensboro, NC)

I contacted the Verizon team and then went over all the level 1 stuff (reseting network, turning off and then on the cell data, etc)...verifying I was in a great LTE spot, etc.....and nothing fixed it. They sent me to level 2 and they did a reset on the network side of my account as well as other steps. They said that would fix it but of course it didn't. The next morning I went to the Verizon store....they swapped out the SIM card and said that should fix the problem...And by that afternoon the problem continued. So I called them back and they went over the next level of support and this time after the problem continued they shipped me a new phone. They felt it was a hardware defect and the new phone would fix the issue.

So today the new phone arrived. I put my SIM card in the phone and activated, etc....Moved all apps and stuff over and finally finished everything up. Phone worked great.....But then it went to sleep and all of the sudden the problem has surfaced again. Im at a loss for words....

Does anyone have a clue what might be causing this to happen? It would appear at face value to be an app issue with something I have installed but I wouldn't know where to begin. I haven't installed anything in the last week and don't know why all of the sudden it is just happening. Could an app be affecting this or even be a problem?

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 2:32 PM

23 replies

Apr 11, 2013 2:49 PM in response to wjosten

here is something even more confusing...the phone is currently sitting on a table...when it goes to sleep and I click the wake up to the unlock screen it shows 1 bar...then searching....then no service....

If I plug the phone in to the lightning cable connected to the computer it DOES NOT do the same thing....it actually wakes up and shows 4 bars LTE

May 21, 2013 11:05 PM in response to sglauberman

I don't have 8 Ball Pool ...

I flew from Nocal to Socal last night. Put my phone in airplane mode before takeoff. Turned airplane mode off after landing and my ATT iPhone 5 has been "Searching ..." ever since. Tried turning phone completely off and on. Turning off, removing sim card, replacing sim card, turning on. Tried resetting Network Settings.

A bit inconvenient being away from home with a non-functioning iPhone. What's worse is what ATT told me - 5 to 7 days for their network engineers to "look into it." Headed to the Apple or ATT store tomorrow ...

Searching/No Service on iPhone 5 Wake

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.