Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anyway to lock the aspect ratio in crop tool (preferably to "Do not constrain")?

Is there anyway to lock the aspect ratio in crop tool (preferably to "Do not constrain")? It keeps changing randomly each time I go to use it.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 3:55 PM

4 replies

Apr 11, 2013 6:23 PM in response to Watchingolf

Note that it should default to "Do Not Constrain" if that is the last AR selected and the currently selected Image has not been straightened. It really shouldn't change in an apparently random fashion.

When I have lots of Images to crop (often), I put them in one container, switch to the Viewer, set the Viewer to 3-up mode, crop the selected Image, click the next Image, and check the just-cropped Image (which is still showing in the Viewer). Until I change the AR or click on an Image that has straighten applied, the AR stays at "Do Not Constrain". I can power through hundreds of Images this way.

If I know there are many Images that have be straightened, I will put them in a separate container (or filter them out and deal with them separately).

HTH.

--Kirby.

Is there anyway to lock the aspect ratio in crop tool (preferably to "Do not constrain")?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.