Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP! IPod Classic not detected in ITunes

Hi all,

I am using ITunes version is 11.0.2.226 I can't sync my Pod classic, (160 GB), with ITunes. Plugging in via USB appears to work correctly; it shows as a new drive when connected but it will not sync with ITunes. I've reset it wiping out all of my music, pictures etc. and have read tons of help articles to no avail.

As a footnote I have the same issue with my IPhone 5. Please forgive me if I've posted on the wrong forum.

So with all the data cleared I'm willing to try almost anything at this point.

Thanks in advance I'm confident with your help I can resolve this issue.

Regards...Todd

iPod classic, Windows 7, Sony VAIO, Intel Core 7 & 8GB ram.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 5:18 PM

1 reply

Apr 12, 2013 10:42 AM in response to toddh66

If the same problem occurs with your iPhone, then it is more likely that the problem is NOT the iPod. Since iPhone 5 uses a different docking cable, it is less likely to be faulty cable. But if you have another docking cable for the iPod, be sure to try it.

If you have not since this problem occurred, be sure to try powering off the computer and starting it back up. Power it off, not just a restart. To rule out a bad USB port, try it on more than one port.

If that does not help, shut down again and disconnect all USB device, including any hubs. With only standard keyboard and mouse connected (if normally used), start up computer. Run iTunes and connect iPod to a direct USB port.

If there is improvement, there may have be a USB device conflict (or a faulty USB device) when your other devices where connected along with the iPod.

HELP! IPod Classic not detected in ITunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.