Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imac user has no library folder in 10.8.3

lots of demons in my brand new iMAC 27 inch

i have asked in GARAGEBAND about my own added user loops no where to be found in the appropriate folder

i discover i have no library in my USER> my name > folder

i do have the hard drive library folder with GB and AUDIO

is there something missing here?

i am deeply plagued by these ongoing issues

please help

asap

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 7:01 PM

It's hidden. See

Open the Terminal application in your Utilities folder and paste the following at the command prompt:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

Press RETURN.

7 replies

Jun 30, 2013 9:26 AM in response to Frank Miller2

Hi , thank you but Nothing showing in Finder , ?

When I first had the iMac it shew My HD at the top of Finder , no so now .

I have not updated to 10 . 8. 4 , but did updates when I first had the imac. ( before I learn't to read first before doing updates, so many things go wrong ..and wait till all ok by community )

How ever as I'm new to mac system , and clearly want to access "User" stuff for other software ,ie,Poser pro, Animate 2 and lately Sketchbook pro . to sort out why and where for having installs of stuff. I was ,as said glad to find this mention. I opened Terminal and saw my name and after inserted the part you said to copy and paste / return and nothing happed. shut down ,rebooted and went into Finder and still no Library showing ? I must be doing something wrong ?

imac user has no library folder in 10.8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.