Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Toast 11 and ASUS Blue-Ray burner not working together!

Hey All,

I recently got an ASUS SBC-06D2X-U Blue-Ray burner and found out that little "Mac compatabile" label isn't correct. Had to get Toast 11. Now I have that and the disk spits out still when I try to burn. I don't know what to do at this point. Disks are 4x and burner is 6x, but that shouldn't matter.

Help please!

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 12:21 AM

8 replies

Apr 12, 2013 4:01 AM in response to Peter Bean1

Hello PeterBean1,

Just went to Amazon.com to check the specs of your Asus Blu-ray writer and you are wrong.

There is no mention, on Amazon, of this writer being Mac-compatible at all. Strictly for use with Windows computers.

So, this maybe your issue. If you still have time to return this for a full refund, do so.

Toast 11 will work fine with the right Blu-ray writer.

Apr 12, 2013 4:27 AM in response to Peter Bean1

Hi, again, Peter Bean1,

FYI,

Buy a writer that only lays in a horizontal, flat position. While I advocate tray loading drives, slot loading srives should be fine if they are laid down in the same flat, horizontal position. The reason the last generation design of iMacs had lots of internal CD/DVD slot loading SuperDrive failures is that the drives were mounted in the vertical position where the spinning of the discs was far from uniform, consistent, even spinning in that position. Because of the rotational variances, the drives are noisier as, from time to time, while loading they may make contact with other internal parts and/or even the read/write LED Lasers. Sometimes discs got damaged just being sucked into the slots because of slot feed-in alignment issues. Also heat issues made those drives even more prone to hardware failure.

Apr 12, 2013 9:53 AM in response to Peter Bean1

That is the problem.

Toast and OS X may see/mount the drive, but if it's popping out discs, immeditely, then the drive does not work on OS X.

There are different chipsets in these Blu-ray style writers that some chipsets work with Macs and others don't.

The chipset in the Asus drive clearly is not one that is compatible with Macs and OS X.

You need to be using a Mac compatible drive. This drive clearly isn't.

Toast 11 and ASUS Blue-Ray burner not working together!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.