Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update problem

Hi. recently, my friend jailbroke my ipod 4, still 5.1.1, but now i wanna get rid of it as it just slows the device down and it even seems that the jailbreak is causing normal apps to crash (including a loved online game). But as iTunes downloads like to crash, i got the ipa for 6.1.2 from the friend. And now comes the problem. just two days before i got the 6.1.2 my ipod started updating via wifi on 6.1.3. in the end it gave me a ''update failed'' message. now the settings tell me my ipoids on 6.1.3 and my appstore in iOS 6 design, but my musik is still 5 (for example). when i try to update my ipod via windows iTunes with the given IPSW it tells me could not complete the update error code 3194. Please help me, i wanna play this game again ^^

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 6:24 AM

Get your friend to unjailbrake it.

Jailbreaking voids the Apple warranty and also means that you will not get any support from Apple, including from this Apple forum. Jailbreaking can't be discussed in this Apple forum.

Unauthorized modification of iOS has been a major source of instability, disruption of services, and other issues

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2013 6:24 AM in response to Ratharan

Get your friend to unjailbrake it.

Jailbreaking voids the Apple warranty and also means that you will not get any support from Apple, including from this Apple forum. Jailbreaking can't be discussed in this Apple forum.

Unauthorized modification of iOS has been a major source of instability, disruption of services, and other issues

Apr 14, 2013 10:52 AM in response to lllaass

yeah... He tried today but failed. He tried to restore it with a local backup and it didnt work... also he says theres no other way but to either update or backup the device to remove the update. now because of our internet connection we had to try with 6.1.2, should we try downloading 6.1.3 or are there other ways of resetting the device? Im sorry if this is against the terms of use but mails and ther apps also stop to work.

Update problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.