Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect to app store

I have not had any problem on my iPhone 5 and now suddenly, was in the middle of a purchase and it just stops and says can't connect. Now I can't do anything. It was seriously all of a sudden. Now I go to my laptop computer, bring up iTunes, try going to the store, nothing, it won't even come up there either. I don't understand this and can't figure out what to do.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 5:51 AM

11 replies

Apr 28, 2013 12:04 PM in response to Kade6767

I have had the problem, today, trying to reinstall an app on my iPhone 5. And yet I was able to do exactly that on my iPad 2 without any problems.

Simple answer is to go to settings and find the iTunes & App Stoes bit and click on Apple ID. You will get the opportunity to Sign Out. Do that and then re-sign in. If you use iTunes Match like me then you'll have to turn that on again as well.

Hey presto....all is working again. At least it did for me !

Aug 27, 2013 8:15 AM in response to Kade6767

FWIW, I did all the steps here testing. Game store WOULD accept my credentials. I watched the kid's youTube video and noticed one step night highlighted here--"double-click" your home button, DELETE all the open short cuts. I went back to app store to test a download, re-entered my password and apps started updating & installing.

Can't connect to app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.