Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Raid appears full when it isn't?

Hello,

New to a Middle School site, not experienced with our server setup. We have an xserve running 10.7.5 with two RAIDS. RAID1 holds the home folders for our students. RAID 2 is not being used for anything as far as I can tell.

Finder and the Server App show the RAID1 hard disk as full to capacity (350g). When I explore the drive, though, only 850mb of files show. I see all home folders, but none have files larger than 90mb.

Ran "Disk Inventory X" freeware as suggested from IT department, showing a graphical display of hard disk usage. This displayed the same results. The drive appears full to capacity, but when explored only displays 850mb of data total.

Anyone have similar issues or suggestions? I understand RAID basics, but didn't set this up and I'm not too comfortable diving in without guidance. Thank you.

Mac OS X (10.7.4), xserve, Lion Server, RAID

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 9:17 AM

There are no replies.

Raid appears full when it isn't?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.