Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Photostream into iPhoto

I have shared photostreams on my iPhone and iPad. I would like for those to show in iPhoto on my iMac so that I can add to them. I hadn't previously had PhotoStream enabled oniPhoto b/c I don't want every picture I take or import to immediately go to all my devices, only ones I choose via shared photostreams.

I created the photostreams to share kid pictures on my phone, one is shared between my wife and I and one includes our mothers who view them without problem on their iPads as well.

I enabled Photostream in iPhoto and can't get them to show up. Any help?

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 3:07 PM

Configure your iPhoto/Photo Stream Prleference pane as shown in this screenshot. Note the one checkbox that is unchecked:

User uploaded file

To get Photo Stream working in iPhoto disable Photo Stream in the System/iCloud preference pane

User uploaded file

and in iPhoto's Photo Share preference pane.

User uploaded file

Reboot and reenable both respectively. That should jump start Photo Stream.

OT

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2013 3:07 PM in response to zblom

Configure your iPhoto/Photo Stream Prleference pane as shown in this screenshot. Note the one checkbox that is unchecked:

User uploaded file

To get Photo Stream working in iPhoto disable Photo Stream in the System/iCloud preference pane

User uploaded file

and in iPhoto's Photo Share preference pane.

User uploaded file

Reboot and reenable both respectively. That should jump start Photo Stream.

OT

Apr 12, 2013 4:36 PM in response to zblom

You say you engaged Photo Stream so you must have at least Lion. If you're running Lion you can use Photo Stream but not Shared Photo Streams. For Shared Photo Streams you must be running 10.8.2 or later.

You say you engaged Photo Stream so you must have at least Lion.

What do I need to use Photo Stream?

To use Photo Stream, including Shared Photo Streams, you need an iCloud account, compatible devices, and up-to-date software:

• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 6.0 or later
  • Mac with OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.2 or later and iPhoto 9.4 or Aperture 3.4 or later
  • PC with Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) and the iCloud Control Panel 2.1 or later for Windows
  • Apple TV (2nd generation) with Software Update 5.1 or later

You can still use Photo Stream without Shared Photo Streams if your devices meet these requirements:

• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5.1 or later
  • Mac with OS X Lion v10.7.5 or later and iPhoto 9.2.2 or Aperture 3.2.3 or later
  • PC with Windows 7 or Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) and the iCloud Control Panel v2.0 or later for Windows
  • Apple TV (2nd generation) with Software Update 5.0 or later

Shared Photostream into iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.