Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 15 inch Mid-2010 keeps randomly restarting

So, I got this Macbook back in August of 2010, and this random restart problem just started occuring after I updated to Mountain Lion. It usually occurs when I open up heavy usage applications, such as Photoshop, iMovie, iPhoto, FaceTime,etc. When I just solely decide to turn on my MacBook to just use Safari and iTunes, it never restarts, or it will once in a blue moon. Also read a page Apple posted about MacBook Pro 15 inch Mid-2010's having problems and that they would fix it free of charge, but I'm not sure if that relates to my problem? --link here --> http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4088

I tried resetting the SMC, and NVRAM/PRAM. Even verfied disk permissions and repaired on Disk Utility, nothing changed.

Could anyone help?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 2:06 PM

1 reply

Apr 12, 2013 4:36 PM in response to deejaydrew

If you have more than one user account, you must be logged in as an administrator to carry out these instructions.

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Console in the icon grid.

Select the most recent panic log under the heading System Diagnostic Reports on the left. If you don't see that heading, select

View ▹ Show Log List

from the menu bar. Post the entire contents of the panic report — the text, please, not a screenshot. In the interest of privacy, I suggest you edit out the “Anonymous UUID,” a long string of letters, numbers, and dashes in the header and body of the report, if it’s present (it may not be.) Please don't post shutdownStall, spin, or hang reports.

MacBook Pro 15 inch Mid-2010 keeps randomly restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.