Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I put a ringtone on my iPhone 4s?

How do I put a ringtone on my iPhone 4S?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 6:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 6:59 PM

You could buy a ringtone from itunes store, you could use a free app to make one for yourself or you could do this

This how to make ring tones for your iPhone:

Choose the desire song from you library

Do secondary click to your song (right click for PC)

Click "Get Info"

Go to Options tab

Set Start Time and Stop Time, some iOS only allowed 30 sec length for one ringtones, then click OK

Do secondary click (right click for PC) to your selected song

Clik "Create AAC Version", new song from your selected will added to your library (short one)

Do secondary click (right click for PC) to your short one (new song)

Click "Show in Finder"

Rename file *.m4a to *.m4r, click "use *.m4r"

Drag the file to library, for the first time it would automatically add your library with new folder "Tones" under Apps folder

Open the ring tones in the Tones folder of your library than drag it to your iPhone. And your iPhone also would be automatically added "Tones" folder.

Last but not least, set the ring tone in your iPhone under the "Setting-Sound"

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2013 6:59 PM in response to TomTar7

You could buy a ringtone from itunes store, you could use a free app to make one for yourself or you could do this

This how to make ring tones for your iPhone:

Choose the desire song from you library

Do secondary click to your song (right click for PC)

Click "Get Info"

Go to Options tab

Set Start Time and Stop Time, some iOS only allowed 30 sec length for one ringtones, then click OK

Do secondary click (right click for PC) to your selected song

Clik "Create AAC Version", new song from your selected will added to your library (short one)

Do secondary click (right click for PC) to your short one (new song)

Click "Show in Finder"

Rename file *.m4a to *.m4r, click "use *.m4r"

Drag the file to library, for the first time it would automatically add your library with new folder "Tones" under Apps folder

Open the ring tones in the Tones folder of your library than drag it to your iPhone. And your iPhone also would be automatically added "Tones" folder.

Last but not least, set the ring tone in your iPhone under the "Setting-Sound"

Mar 18, 2014 4:03 PM in response to SAISDtech

Hey, I was having the same problem, and found this post and ran into the same dead end after adding my downloaded tone to my "Tones" folder on my PC.

The solution came to me by clicking on my synced "iPhone" button in itunes. After which, I clicked the "Tones" tab. From here, I had the option to Sync Tones to my iphone. I simply clicked the tone that I has just uploaded into the folder, and after a short while, I found it on my iphone with the rest of my ringtones!!!!

Hope this helps!!!

How do I put a ringtone on my iPhone 4s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.