Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What's the Successful Way of Taking Out Java Out Of Safari ?

Disabled Java in Safari Preferences .

Heck , Disabled Javascript too .

Disabled Plugins .

Disabled Extensions .

i still get :

Macintosh HD > Library > Java > Extensions > ( unable to view , it's only viewable with a System Administrator ( ie root ) that i don't have the username and/or password for )

Macintosh HD > Library > Java > JavaVirtualMachines > ( unable to view , it's only viewable with a System Administrator ( ie root ) that i don't have the username and/or password for )

Macintosh HD > Library > Internet Plug-Ins > JavaAppletPlugin.plugin

I have downloaded and updated OS X 10.8.3 Combo .

Java isn't listed anywhere in Systems Preferences . But if i click on the .jar 's and other Java .app 's , i can get the consoles to launch . I haven't tested if i can work it . I don't want to . I don't want it . I didn't download it . I didn't launch the .app either .

Apple logo > System Preferences... > ( No Java icon ) .

In Safari , it doesn't matter if i config the Preferences a hundred times . Safari after 5 to 10 seconds will load up the Reader in Blue highlight at the top right , which means some type of Adobe Reader is running in the background , which i haven't downloaded and installed and launched , also if i click it , it copies the webpage to a pdf look a like , which is pointless , and then i go back to the Internet Plug-ins and the Extensions in the Safari Preferences and it switches back in front of my eyes to what i set the configuration for . Like a real-time config edit on the fly . What is happening ?

As i write this Discussion Question , i am constantly being jumped around to write , as if ( if you have ever tested or used remote login and remote access ) there's a slight delay between you computer entry , and the result of the computer entry on the computer you're logged in to and remote accessing . Strange . Weird . Whatever you wanna call it . I got it . Very odd computer device behaviour .

Terminal and Terminal sudo su :

java -version

1.6 build

Java 6

i have already gone thru both scenarios of :

Downloading the Apple Approved Java 2013-002 scenario . Downloading , installing , launching , and then ultimately once i got it , Disabling it . It shows up in System Preferences Other with the Java icon . Also i have downloaded and installed the Java 7 latest Apple Approved Java , and Disabled it .

Java still persists .

And then if i Delete the Java .app 's and plugin 's , etc , etc , etc , what happens is ultimately i get the infamous Apple Windmill for about 5 seconds , and then asks , you are attempting to make changes , so Enter in your Administrator username and password , and i do , and the System Administrator ( ie root ) user that has this access , i do not know , so i am essentially stuck with a OS X with missing Software that can't be unistalled / reinstalled / repaired , and then i must Clean Install OS X in Recovery since it's inoperable .

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 5:54 PM

Disabled Java in Safari Preferences

That's all you need to do.

2 replies

What's the Successful Way of Taking Out Java Out Of Safari ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.