Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is an iPad ideal for college notes and everyday tasks?

So I currently own a Macbook Pro 15 Inch from 2011 and as you may know, it's heavy.

I am definitely taking my Pro to college, but I was wondering if I should get an iPad to take around with me for the day and most importantly -> take college notes.

My Macbook will stay in my dorm on top of my desk. I'll be using it for more workloaded productivity, like writing papers or editing short films, but as for taking notes and carrying around with me everywhere, should I get an iPad?

If yes, should I get the iPad Mini, the iPad "4", or wait for the Mini 2/iPad 5? (BTW, I'll be using an iPen 2)

If no, what should I get as an alternative? Galaxy Note 10.1? 11 inch MBA? Windows 8 Convertible (Lenovo Yoga)?

Thank you (:

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 5:52 PM

4 replies

Apr 12, 2013 5:56 PM in response to Matotosh

if you'll have the MB with you, you can probably get away with a mini. Youi'll need a keyboard (at least I would to type, the on screen doesn't work for me very well)

You'll also potentially need an app. I don't find the notes app very well featured for typing, but might work for you. If not, find a word processing app for the iPad

If money is an issue, then you can probably get the same features from a non-Apple device (save a few hundred dollars)

Is an iPad ideal for college notes and everyday tasks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.