Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I move my laptop, it goes to sleep?

Hi,

I bought my Macbook Air 13" 2012 about 5 months ago from Dick Smith. About 1 or 2 months ago this problem started occuring: sometimes when I would move the laptop, the entire laptop would go to sleep. After a few minutes closing and reopening the lid, it would come back from sleep and I would log on again and everything is normal. After using it for a while, I realised it is because the black hinge thing between the screen and keyboard is moving around a little, so if I push the black hinge to the left or right, it will cause my laptop to go to sleep/or 'awaken' from sleep.

Another problem thats just occured is a few days ago, the battery started depleting rapidly all of a sudden. It appeared normal before, and my battery health is still 94% with 134 cycles. I haven't changed the way i use my laptop at all. I mainly use if to watch videos, youtube, surf the net and use skype, word, mail etc. No gaming at all.

Are these two problems related? I can't call up Apple because I dont have Applecare. Is it possible to get a replacement or servicing for free?

Please help thanks!

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 7:35 PM

if it's a 2012 Macbook Air - then you're under warranty.

click on the link below - then enter the serial number of your Macbook Air to see how long of a warranty you've got left. i suggest you take it in before the problem gets worst.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

good luck - hope you get it sorted out.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2013 7:35 PM in response to selena476

if it's a 2012 Macbook Air - then you're under warranty.

click on the link below - then enter the serial number of your Macbook Air to see how long of a warranty you've got left. i suggest you take it in before the problem gets worst.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

good luck - hope you get it sorted out.

When I move my laptop, it goes to sleep?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.