Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change/match the resolution of certain clips in FCPX?

The GoPro clips I brought in are 1280x960, but my project is set at 1920x1080 (like all my T3i and iPhone clips). Some of the GoPro clips take up the appropriate screen space while others letter box on the left and right sides. While some of the GoPro clips came in at the right size, the resolution in the info still says 1920x960.

I did try manually stretching these clips, which was ok, but are there any other ways to do it? Any best practice ways?

Thanks everyone!

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 7:29 PM

If the clip aspect ratio is different than the project aspect ratio, you'll get either pillar boxing or letter boxing.

Most often you don't want to distort the image to make it fill the frame. You can use Spatial Conform and set it to fill, but you may or may not like the reframing. (My preference is to use the transform tool and scale and reposition according to my needs.)

Russ

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2013 7:29 PM in response to bfranksd

If the clip aspect ratio is different than the project aspect ratio, you'll get either pillar boxing or letter boxing.

Most often you don't want to distort the image to make it fill the frame. You can use Spatial Conform and set it to fill, but you may or may not like the reframing. (My preference is to use the transform tool and scale and reposition according to my needs.)

Russ

How can I change/match the resolution of certain clips in FCPX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.