Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer of Music

I have one of the first Ipods made and it currently has over 2200 songs. My old PC, before it fried, had roughly 150 songs (which are currently saved on an external hard drive). My current iMac, has over 100 songs currently on iTunes. Lastly, my iPhone 4s has a few songs listed in iTunes.

My question is this:

I would like to purchase an ipod Touch and consolidate the 2200 songs from ancient ipod, 150 songs from external hard drive, and the currently music saved on my iMac and iPhone. Is there a way that all of this can be done relatively easily?

I have no problem bringing this to the apple store and have them assist. I am VERY afraid of deleting the existing songs especially from my old ipod. Moreover, I do NOT want all 2500 songs placed on my iMac.

Any help you can provide would be helpful. I can't be the only one with this situation.

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 7:34 PM

1 reply

Apr 13, 2013 3:11 AM in response to discobigstein

- Follow the instructions here to get the music from your iPod to your computer and then import into your iTunes library.

Recovering your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device: Apple Support Communities

- You have to have all the music in one location (external HD or on your computer), You can move it to your eternal HD and then go to iTunes>Preverences>Advanced and specify that location as your iTunes Media Folder Location.

Transfer of Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.