Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need recommendations for an emac 1.42 and ibook 1.33 compatible external superdrive ?

I need recommendations for an emac 1.42 and ibook 1.33, OS 10.3 - 10.5 compatible external superdrive ?

eMac 1.42, Mac OS X (10.4.11), iBook g4 1.33 10.3.9

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 9:41 PM

2 replies

Apr 13, 2013 8:33 AM in response to bobbymacbean

If you need the drive to be able to boot those Macs, you'll need FireWire connectivity. If you ned to use a system optical disk to upgrade or re-install the OS. or repair your hard drive, you must boot from the optical drive. If either computer's built-in optical drive has failed, or does not support reading DVDs, you'l need to boot from an external sooner or later.

If all you need is a burner, then USB opticals are cheaper and should work fine.

This firm tests all their stuff for Mac compatibility:

http://eshop.macsales.com/Search/Search.cfm?Ntk=Primary&Ns=P_Price%7c0&Ne=5000&N =6866&Ntt=external+optical

I need recommendations for an emac 1.42 and ibook 1.33 compatible external superdrive ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.