Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture support to FUJI X20 RAW format

Hello,

Anyone having an idea on how to get ensure that the RAW format of my new Fuji X20 camera can be supported in Aperture ?

Thanks !

Olivier

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.10), iBook / iPod video + Nano / Dell dimension

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 1:18 AM

19 replies

Apr 13, 2013 1:33 AM in response to Cpt_Caveman

Olivier,

what is your Aperture version? And is your profile signature Mac OS X (10.4.10), still current?

All cameras currently supported by Aperture 3.4.3 are listed here:

Apple - Aperture - Technical Specifications - RAW Support

There are not yet many supported Fuji cameras. Even when the raw support for your new camera will be released, it will probably only be available for the newest Aperture version, not for older versions compatible with Mac OS X (10.4.10).

Regards

Léonie

If your camera's raw cannot be supported, you might consider to convert the raw to another lossless format, Tiff, PSD, or DNG - using the software that comes with your camera, and to use these converted images in Aperture.

May 11, 2013 11:30 AM in response to coxorange

Try the free adobe dng-converter:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh

I don't know, if it supports your camera yet, but usually Adobe is pretty quick with new raw support.

And if the software that came with your camera has a raw converter, use that to develope the raw. Tiff will be nearly as good as dng, only need more storage.

Apple has just started to support Fuji cameras, so it it hard to predict, how long it will take, till your camera will be supported. You may want to shoot raw+jpeg and use the jpeg as original, until your camera will be supported, and later switch to the raw original.

Regards

Léonie

May 11, 2013 1:24 PM in response to léonie

leonieDF wrote:

Try the free adobe dng-converter:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh

I don't know, if it supports your camera yet, but usually Adobe is pretty quick with new raw support.

Thanks, the latest version has it:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5568

🙂

And if the software that came with your camera has a raw converter, use that to develope the raw. Tiff will be nearly as good as dng, only need more storage.

I will check if this exists and if it supports the latest Mountain Lion version. But as far as I remember Windows is more supported. It could be that they offer a "converter" jsut to *view* the RAW files...

You may want to shoot raw+jpeg and use the jpeg as original, until your camera will be supported, and later switch to the raw original.

That's what I thought too in the first place. Luckily I have a 64GB SDXC card.

Thanks again.

May 30, 2013 7:01 AM in response to coxorange

Hmmm... now I noticed the following:

When shooting in "RAW + JPG" (aspect ratio set to "16:9") with my Fuji F900EXR I get the following dimensions:

RAW: 4608 × 3456 pixel (same size when converted to TIFF using the Fuji app)

JPG: 4608 × 2592 pixel (of course this is 16:9)

After converting using Adobe dng-converter (link above) I get:

DNG: 3248 × 2436 pixel ⚠

What's wrong? Why does Adobe reduce the size?

(BTW: Why is DNG better than TIFF?)

Thanks.

Aperture support to FUJI X20 RAW format

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.