Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failure to wake up from disk suspended hybernation

Hello everybody,

when running my MacBook Pro (8,2) is so low on battery that it suspends to disk before poweroutage, it fails to wake up correctly. What happens is this:

1. Battery running low, suspension to disk runs, MacBook Pro is sleeping. Battery indicator on the left side links when pressed.
  2. After attaching power cord, MacBook Pro wakes up fine, asks for my password (FileVault2 is running).
  3. Then the bar on the bottom of the screen shows up, indicating that it reads the hybernation suspension file.
  4. This progress always goes to the last but one part of the bar. Then it stops and the chime is heard that I only know from my Mac if it can not start up because of a hardware test failure (like wrong RAM installed).
  5. Then I have to force it to turn off by pressing the power button 5 seconds.
  6. After that, it starts normally, and all apps that have been running before the battery when out, are restored.

pmset -g just after such an incident (with power cord attached) will give these informations:

Active Profiles:

Battery Power -1

AC Power -1*

Currently in use:

standbydelay 4200

standby 0

womp 1

halfdim 1

hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage

gpuswitch 2

sms 1

networkoversleep 0

disksleep 10

sleep 0

hibernatemode 7

ttyskeepawake 1

displaysleep 30

acwake 0

lidwake 1

Any suggestion on how to fix this is much appreciated.

Regards

Jim Knopf

Message was edited by Jim Knopf: reformated terminal output

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 8 GB RAM, MacBookPro8,2

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 12:43 AM

There are no replies.

Failure to wake up from disk suspended hybernation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.