Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

do i use itunes to sync photos and videos from my ipad mini to my computer

Hello - do I use itunes to sync photos and videos from my ipad mini to my computer. Dixie

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 4:53 AM

Importing personal photos and videos to computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083

9 replies

Apr 13, 2013 6:01 AM in response to Roonie12

Another way. You can use a USB flash drive & the camera connection kit.

Plug the USB flash drive (works the same with an SD card) into your computer & create a new folder titled DCIM. Then put your movie/photo files into the folder. The files must have a filename with exactly 8 characters long (no spaces) plus the file extension (i.e., my-movie.mov; DSCN0164.jpg).

Now plug the flash drive into the iPad using the camera connection kit. Open the Photos app, the movie/photo files should appear & you can import. (You can not export using the camera connection kit.)

Secrets of the iPad Camera Connection Kit

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57401068-285/secrets-of-the-ipad-camera-conn ection-kit/

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Oct 26, 2013 8:28 AM in response to Roonie12

You do not use iTunes to copy photos from the iPad to the computer. If your computer is a Mac you can use iPhoto or Image Capture. Connect your iPad to your computer and start either application. You should see the photos in the Camera Roll show up in whichever application you choose.

On a pc there is most likely a similar image capture application. Or you can use whatever application you have to copy photos from your camera to the computer,

Basically the computer will recognize an iPad as a camera to allow copying photos.

Use iTunes to sync photos and albums from the computer to the iPad.

do i use itunes to sync photos and videos from my ipad mini to my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.