Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

39,000 songs, only ~11,000 uploaded/matched. help?

Itunes started giving me a message saying I exceeded iCloud's limit but only about 11,000 songs have been matched or uploaded.

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 7:04 AM

5 replies

Apr 14, 2013 10:10 AM in response to delufran

Hi,

You will need to delete some of the tracks. You will need to get the non iTunes total to below 25k.

One you have done this update match and let the process complete.

I have a library size similar to you. I have all my music in the library. I have a large number of tracks with iCloud status shown as "removed"

I achieved this by creating a second blank library - I signed into match and was able to view all tracks in iTunes Match.

I then deleted some tracks from this library - effectively deleting (hiding) tracks in the cloud.

When I went back into my original library, those tracks were shown as "removed". iTunes Match will now ignore those tracks. You can now add new tracks provided you kept matched and uploaded less than 25k.

This is a long process but eventually you can have all tracks in your library but with only selected tracks in the cloud.

Jim

Jan 3, 2014 1:03 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Hi Jim - I have over 500,000 songs, so I just went the route of creating a second library just for Match. I've loaded in all the songs I want to Match in this second library but now I'm missing all of my beloved playlists. Is there a way to access the playlists from my original, larger library if all of the songs in the playlists are in my second Match library? I don't want to have to go through the process of exporting each playlist separately and then importing into the second library, and then I have a problem keeping those playlists in sync as I constantly update them. Can I just share a folder for both libraries to access the same playlists? Thanks very much for your help. This is a serious pain for those of us with large libraries. Itunes should just let you select which songs you want to match if the labels are requiring the size limit. I tried to just go the Amazon icloud route instead, but you can't view your songs by composer like you can in itunes, so I'm trying to deal with second library in itunes instead.

39,000 songs, only ~11,000 uploaded/matched. help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.