Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help! Final cut pro 7 crashing on startup..Tried everything!

When I startup Final cut the startup screen appears... then crashes before the programme opens.

I have done disc repairs, deleted preferences files, done updates, and tried uninstalling and reinstalling many times.

Im guessing that it is something to do with my Mac not the software. Really stuck and can't find anything online thats helped.

Any help or advice will be great appriceiated.

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 5:36 AM

9 replies

Apr 17, 2013 7:04 AM in response to cheekycharley1

The message means your machine is looking for an external device that is not connected to the computer. If you are getting that message, it means you have not properly deleted your FCP preference files.

Download and run Digital Rebellion's Preference Manager. It's free and located on the DR website. It will get rid of all the FCP prefs properly.

If this works, after FCP launches, go into the FCP system settings and reset the locations of where FCP puts capture files, scratch files, etc. to a directory on a hard drive OTHER than your system disk.

Good luck,

x

help! Final cut pro 7 crashing on startup..Tried everything!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.