Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

T-Mobile iPhone 5 issues with signal and maps

I just picked up my OFFICIAL T-Mobile iPhone 5 yesterday and it works like a dream...except for 2 things.

1. My cell signal strength has dropped off considerably in places where I know I have good signal strength. I am usually right around 1-2 bars when I know I should have full signal. Is this a carrier issue or a phone issue or a little bit of both?

2. When I open up Maps, I can see satellite and hybrid view without issue but when I choose standard, all I see is beige...lots and lots of beige with no street names, buildings or any indication of where I am at. But when I pull up satellite or hybrid view, everything shows up just fine.

Any ideas??

User uploaded file

iPhone 5, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 7:08 AM

6 replies

Oct 26, 2013 12:51 PM in response to jedimasterkyle88

I'm having the same problem

I picked up and iphone 5s from tmobile and I live in an excellent service area but my iphone only picks up 1-2 bars and switches from LTE 4G and E

I'm a new customer and I just joined last Friday on October 18

I read a forum where it could be the carrier update because some people said they updated and then their signal dropped and that's when they started having issues

So maybe tmobile will come out with bother carrier update to fix this issue

T-Mobile iPhone 5 issues with signal and maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.