Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you manually add songs to iCloud if Match doesn't do so?

I subscribed to iTunes Match because I'm a sucker for better quality audio files and there are a handful of files that have a "!" cloud next to them and then others with a "/" cloud next to them.

I know for a fact that a lot of the songs with a "!" cloud are not in the iTunes store, because they're mostly Classical music files that I threw onto my computer.

The songs with a "/" cloud are questionable, though, because a lot of those songs were purchased thru the iTunes store and they're not being recognized -- when I try to re-convert those files to MP3s, there are copyright protections preventing me from doing so.

So what I'm basically asking the community is: Is there a way you can manually add files to iCould that aren't matched thru the Match process?

Black MacBook1,1, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 11:41 AM

12 replies

Apr 13, 2013 1:37 PM in response to Chris CA

I'm very much aware of the audio quality of iTunes and the iTunes store, thank you. I subscribed to upgrade the current files in my iTunes library that were of lesser quality. Believe me, I know that there are better options.

Also, I am aware that songs that are not matched should upload automatically. However, if you read my entire post, you would see that some songs did not upload from my computer. And I'm trying to figure out how I can manually do so, since my computer did not. I hope you enjoyed leveling up, because your basic response did not help me.

Apr 14, 2013 12:09 AM in response to DJMT1287

In general, in your situation, the icons displayed mean you purchased the protected songs with another Apple ID. To add them to iTunes Match (not iCloud, that is a seperate service), authorize your computer for the Apple ID in question by pulling down Store > Authorize. These tracks will not "match" but will instead be uploaded by default since they are associated with the Apple ID that you used to purchase the iTunes Match service.

Apr 23, 2013 2:58 PM in response to Michael Allbritton

So when I first downloaded iTunes however many years ago, I created an Apple ID (djmt1287). Then I purchased an iPhone two years ago and I had to create a new Apple ID that was essentially an e-mail address to be used in iCloud (@me.com or whatever), so I now have two separate Apple IDs. When I subscribed to iTunes Match, I did it under the e-mail address Apple ID and all of my tracks updated except for 36 songs. Those 34 tracks have a Cloud icon with a slash "\" thru them User uploaded fileand will not update to iCloud when I click the "Add to iCloud" option. I went to Store>Authorize and my computer was already authorized. Any other tricks/tips?

Apr 23, 2013 8:14 PM in response to Chris CA

...Yes, I'm aware of that ability but when syncing my iPhone to iTunes, I was not able to update my original Apple ID. It's a common issue that other people have dealt with as I've seen other people post asking for ways to sync two Apple IDs.

If you're going to reply, please address the specific issue I listed, not something that is now moot. I didn't link my original Apple ID. That's said and done and not the problem I'm addressing, thanks.

Aug 17, 2013 3:02 PM in response to DJMT1287

If your tunes were encrypted with Fairplay 2 and under your old login, the answer is not so simple. I had to remove all apple products from a windows computer (including quicktime) and install an old version of itunes, then login using the old id, and burn the music to cd, then reimport. I have Audials to convert without wasting a real CD, but even that didn't work. I had to make a few music coasters to appease the Apple gods, but got the music back so it would sync to the new account.

Sep 2, 2013 6:04 PM in response to DJMT1287

I don't know if this is an easy fix or not but it seemed to fix for me. I was having difficulty seeing album artwork on my iPhone after I already updated it on iTunes. Once I updated iTunes Match, the album artwork would revert back to the original artwork or no artwork at all. This is what I did to fix that problem, a lot of which is probably unnecessary but whatever:

1. Disable iTunes Match from your mobile device under Settings > Music > iTunes Match
2. Power "Off" your mobile device
3. Open iTunes
4. Turn "Off" iTunes Match on your computer
5. Update your album artwork manually (I suggest finding the album artwork on Google Images or thru Amazon.com).
6. Update any other information necessary (i.e. album name, artist, composer, etc.).
7. Close iTunes entirely
8. Re-Open iTunes
9. Turn "On" iTunes Match on your computer
10. Allow access for your computer to activate iTunes Match
11. Update iTunes Match
12. Power "On" your mobile device
13. Enable iTunes Match from your mobile device under Settings > Music > iTunes Match
14. Your iTunes library should maintain any changes you made and it will be reflected both on iTunes and on your mobile device

If anyone else tries this, let me know if it works for you as well!

Can you manually add songs to iCloud if Match doesn't do so?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.