Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 5th Generation IPod Touch keeps pausing, opening Siri, and crashing when I play music?

I won a brand new 64gb 5th gen iPod touch back in November, everything has been great with it until recently. Lately it has been glitching out whenever I try to play music. It seems to be only when the headphone are plugged in that it does it, but it happens daily and has become an inconvenience. It tends to pause, play, open Siri (ask her a question) sometimes speed up the song, and ultimately crash. Does anyone know of this and/or know how to fix it? I've tried a system restore with backing up info but nothing else. Thank you.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 11:56 AM

2 replies

Feb 21, 2014 4:48 PM in response to Nowheat1

Hope your issue was fixed. With iOS 7 and now 7.0.4 the iPod touch fifth generation I have still crashes I have don't a soft restore, a complete restore from back up and also setup as new. Nothing worked. Saw the folks at the apple store on five different times. So they finally gave me a replacement. This has been going on since the new release. The only thing I have found is that it looses internet connectivity so I can put it in airplane mode. Close all apps. Then go back to wifi mode and some times this worked.

Your issues seem slightly different. But the irregularities began for me with issues with my music library on my iPod touch.

It's so frustrating to have such an expensive device functioning so poorly.

My 5th Generation IPod Touch keeps pausing, opening Siri, and crashing when I play music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.