Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't like the New Podcast App, can I revert to listening on iTunes?

I really hate the newest version of the Podcast App. In the past, I've synced my Podcasts with iTunes and life was good. I delete a podcast and I NEVER had to see it again. I told my iPhone I wanted to see the last 10 podcasts that I downloaded and it kept 10 episodes on my phone. I opened my itunes, I chose the podcast I wanted to listen to, it showed me a list of 10 episodes, I listened to one, I'd delete it, and sync again. Life was so good.

WHY DOES THE NEW APP NOW SHOW ME EVERY BLOODY EPISODE. If I've deleted it in iTunes, it was an indication to my iPhone I didn't want to listen to it anymore and it could just go away. If I wanted to download more episodes I had that option but it didn't clutter my screen with every bloody episode ever. I didn't need to manually delete items from my list. I never ran the risk of deleting something I hadn't listened to because only what I hadn't listened to was listed. That was before the worst update to an Apple product since iTunes 11.

Life was so good back then. I want to go back. Can anyone free me of the tyrany of the Podcast App and listen to my podcast on iTunes. Or, at the very least, make the Podcast App behave the way it used to. It's sad to say that the latest update has taken the joy away from listening to Podcasts on my iPhone but it really has.

iPhone 4

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 2:11 PM

6 replies

Sep 3, 2013 9:03 AM in response to jockblue1

What precisely do you mean by deleting the podcast app from both the phone and Mac? I have deleted the podcast app from my phone but on my Mac in iTunes->iPhone->Apps it shows up albeit with a button labelled "Install". I've resynced 3 times and when I try to access my Podcast playlist in the Music app, I still get a message telling me that podcasts have moved to the Podcast app. I'm really sick of some of the changes Apple has made to their software.

I don't like the New Podcast App, can I revert to listening on iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.