Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unkown user on my shared network in finder

So im concerned about an unkown user that i have been seeing on my "shared" network. The name shows up as hpa0b3ccf2fcde and the kind is a PC and the icon shows an older looking monitor screen with a blue screen on it and text that i cannot make out. It almost looks like an error screen for when a PC computer crashes. Anyways, I was wondering if this user is a hacker. The only people that are on my network all have Mac's so i have no clue who this user is. I was wondering if there was a way to remove this user from my shared network.

I've also seen this user pop up when I'm on other people's networks, so im pretty sure that this user is following my computer. Also when i look at the user it shows a folder marked as memory card and when i try to drag it over to the trash it wont let me. I noticed that my firewall was not up, so I turned it on, but the user is still there. I am the only one to access my file sharing and plus the user doesnt show up in there either.

I download alot of music and watch movies/shows through streaming websites. i havent noticed my computer slowing down or any significant changes in my computer. Should I be concerned? and if so, what can i do to remove this user? User uploaded file Here's a screenshot of the user

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 1:12 PM

5 replies

Unkown user on my shared network in finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.