Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New GarageBand Jam Pack Loops after Mountain Lion Upgrade

I went to an Apple store recently, and I noticed that GarageBand had jam pack loops I don't currently have, even with the most updated version. I recently upgraded to Mountain Lion 10.8.3. How do I get the latest jam pack loops? I tried to get a new GarageBand app, and I get a message I am up to date.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 3:01 PM

9 replies

Apr 15, 2013 11:53 PM in response to mozhotcafe

you need to Download Additional Content from MainStage; this will install the instruments and loops that GB will then have available

To do as HangTime suggests, just launch MainStage and go to the main application menu. There select "Download Additional Content". Quit GarageBand before you do that and log off and on again after you installed the additional content.

User uploaded file

Apr 19, 2013 5:40 PM in response to léonie

Okay. Now. I have installed my new Apple loops into GarageBand, but when I send some of the MIDI loops into the timeline creating a new MIDI track, it doesn't play. I also noticed I cannot record anything with my MIDI keyboard, which is hooked up on the MIDI ports in the keyboard, a USB port into the computer. I have a Yamaha p-200 digital piano I purchased in 1998. How do I get those loops to play, and am I now required to sell my keyboard and purchase a keyboard compatible with Main Stage?

Aug 16, 2013 4:25 PM in response to HangTime

HangTime,

I've done all that was mentioned here. Just purchased MS to increase my library of instruments for use in GB. BUT, I don't see any of the MS instruments in GB. And I've downloaded them all and restarted my machine, etc.

Do you know if this latest version, MS3, closes off the ability to use its instruments in GB?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

New GarageBand Jam Pack Loops after Mountain Lion Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.