Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone notes files in mac

Hello,

Some time ago i lost all my notes from my iphone 4 when I was trying to copy to my mac.

I did a sync from the iphone to my snow leopard 10.6.8 Mail.app with Itunes, here is the log:

2011-07-30 03:46:29:371|Mingler|1748|1927670|SyncPlan|Stats| Airbag being run for client com.apple.MobileSync.(personal_number)

com.apple.notes.Note:

Adds: 133

Modifies: 4

Deletes: 44

Unfortunately, the day after, I don´t remember how, I deleted the notes and disappeared from Mail.app, here is the log:

2011-07-31 07:59:45:761|Mingler|1264|19265a0|SyncPlan|Stats| Airbag being run for client com.apple.MobileSync.(personal_number)

com.apple.notes.Note:

Adds: 0

Modifies: 0

Deletes: 57

I thought I had lost all my notes and I try to forget and continue my live.

After time, I have the possibility to recover the notes from a recovery I've done from my Macintosh hard drive.

Looking for answers in discussions in this community and others, I can´t see information I need:

I don´t know the notes file extension. ¿How Itunes copied it? ¿What is the file extension?

And in case of find the notes file, ¿how to view the content?

Sorry, if my english is not very good.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 6:22 PM

5 replies

May 5, 2013 10:56 AM in response to vicosta

Hi after time I can see the notes, the notes were store in mail.app, are stored in .emlx files, and synchronized from itunes with the sync service in a core data file in entity records that I unknow extension or type of file.

In my case, the notes never went to mail.app so I´m trying know to localize this core data file but what I suspect the information in this core data is corrupt and I can´t find it, or in other case the notes are not in the recovery files.

So, now i´m looking for file with the information of the notes when the notes were sync from itunes with the sync process, if someone knows something about this file, some no corrupt data to do a search with this criterya in all the files: the header of this file..

(I supposed the file is generated with the itunes sync process and I can check in the web (search: ios sync service) that this file exits, but I don´t find references about the internally data).

Iphone notes files in mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.