Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Non-secure Jabber Login

Hi,

Does anyone know why I have pop up screen User uploaded file. My iMessage is turn-off. Not running!.

Usually I get this message when I run iMessage app.

And what is Jabber login?

My iMessage account connected to Yahoo Messenger and Google Talk.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 7:39 AM

Google Talk uses the Jabber protocol so that is the account that is probably the problem. Check the settings for that account and make sure that SSL is turned on for that account.

User uploaded file

3 replies

Apr 14, 2013 1:43 PM in response to Maorriyan

HI,

Messages has a support app called IMAgent.

It runs in the background as soon as the computer is started.

One of the many things it does is "listens" to those accounts that can do Off Line IMs or iMessages.

What it does when you get a message coming from one of these sources when the app itself is shut down is start up the app and also "Notify" you.

In Messages Menu > Preferences > General Section you can undo this feature.

There is a Line about "When I quit, Set my Status or Off Line"

This will stop Off Line iMessage creeping through and opening the app. AIM Off Line IMs are also stopped.

Jabber accounts vary depending on whether the Server used can Save/Store Off Line Messages.

AIM Screen Names have a separate function that can be turned Off at an AIM web site
This works fro AIM registered names and @mac.com names from Apple.

As @me.com and @icloud.com name need the dual login to Apple and to AIM to then allow AIM to "read" the password you cannot login to the AIM Settings page.

User uploaded file
9:43 PM Sunday; April 14, 2013

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.3)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Non-secure Jabber Login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.