Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know how to delete hidden purchases so I don't have to download just to delete them?

I'm currently downloading TV shows I no longer need that were hidden in icloud so that they can be deleted off my computer.

But this is what is happening and I don't know how to fix it - I buy from the itunes store a TV program or music and it downloads but it also hides itself in icloud and so takes up space on my computer. I'd like to stop this from happening if there is one, cause so far every thing I've read or that has been suggested to me hasn't worked. I'd also like to find a way if possible to delete the hidden purchases from the computer without having to first download them which takes up time and also space on my already full computer. Can anyone help me??

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 5:56 PM

21 replies

Jul 29, 2017 4:24 AM in response to King_Penguin

if you go to your account information on iTunes -> iTunes in the Cloud, and click on "manage" of hidden purchases, you can see all of your hidden purchases apps. I want to delete it all (because i feel so ashamed of some apps that i had downloaded 😝 and i don't want my wife know this lol). But i still can't figure how to permanently delete it

Apr 13, 2013 7:53 PM in response to kazbe81

kazbe81 wrote:

Once something is downloaded I have deleted it from Purchased but it remains as a hidden purchase in itunes in the cloud.

Okay.

Do you know of any way I can delete the hidden purchases list without having to download everything a second time.

I'm confused. 😕

You cannot delete items from your purchase history. Apple came up with hiding purchases so you don't have to see them.

Are you saying that you can still see them in iTunes on yoru computer even though they hidden in Purchases and you deleted them?

Are you saying they are showing in yoru Purchased playlist on the left side of iTunes even though they are hidden in Purchases and you have deleted them from iTunes?

Apr 13, 2013 11:39 PM in response to kazbe81

No I don't have itunes Match as yet. Didnt want to get it unless I absolutely had too.

Thank you Chris for your help but now I'm a little confused so let me start again.

I buy a song or tv show from itunes and it downloads but it also hides in icloud. When I click on the purchase tab on the right hand side of the itunes store page I delete anything that has been downloaded but when I click on account I see under itunes in the cloud that I have 2000+ items hidden.

Do you know of any way I can delete these 2000+ items without having to download every song and tv show simply just to delete it.

Or is the best thing to do is get itunes Match?

Apr 14, 2013 10:26 AM in response to kazbe81

Okay. I'm not confused.

You are not understanding what iCloud/Purchased items is for.

I buy a song or tv show from itunes and it downloads but it also hides in icloud.

View Purchases on the right side of iTunes.

When you click the X next to the iCloud icon, this hides the item and it will not be shown in Purchases/Cloud.

but when I click on account I see under itunes in the cloud that I have 2000+ items hidden.

Yes, clicking the X hides these items so they do not show in iCloud. Items you click the X on are now hidden and are shown in account under Show hidden purchases.

These are your purchased items that you do not wish to see. Maybe you purchased a song or an app you don't like nd no longer want. Delete it from yoru computer and hide it in iCoud/purchases.

Do you know of any way I can delete these 2000+ items without having to download every song and tv show simply just to delete it.

You purchased 2000+ items and you no longer want any of them?

And you no longer want to be able to download them again?

You cannot delete items from your purchased items. If you do not wish to see a song/app, then hide it.

Jan 31, 2014 5:54 PM in response to kazbe81

If I understand correctly, you're trying to delete your purchased items off of your computer because they're taking too much space. (I have had the same issue, and I only recently learned how to fix it.) To delete these off your computer, click open Finder > Music > iTunes > iTunes Media > Music. There, you will see all of the songs you have downloaded to your computer. Drag the ones you want to delete to the Trash and delete them there. In case you were wondering, all of the songs, TV shows, movies, etc. that you have purchased off of iTunes will still be available on the iCloud so you can download them again.

Jan 31, 2014 6:00 PM in response to bharvie

bharvie wrote:

If I understand correctly,

A year later...

you're trying to delete your purchased items off of your computer

They are already deleted off the computer and they are hidden in iCloud.

kazbe81 wrote,

I delete anything that has been downloaded but when I click on account I see under itunes in the cloud that I have 2000+ items hidden.

kazbe81 can only see them under Hidden purchases but did not understand those are not on the computer.

Does anyone know how to delete hidden purchases so I don't have to download just to delete them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.