Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery--replace soon? Works fine

I have a 2009 model Pro which after upgrading to Lion the battery says I must replace it soon

The battery still lasts for 3-5 hours, I don't see a need to replace it. Why is it telling me this?

Thanks.

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 7:49 PM

8 replies

Apr 13, 2013 7:53 PM in response to dook808

Maybe it's a mistake. Reset the SMC and see if the message shows up after resetting the SMC > http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

Apart from that, open System Information, choose Power in the sidebar, and copy “Charge Information” and “Health Information” here. If you still receive this message after resetting the SMC, it's possible that the battery has to be replaced, but if it works properly, you can wait

Apr 13, 2013 8:00 PM in response to dook808

Then that is normal - I get the same message in my Late 08 Macbook Uni since it's over 1300 charge cycle count.

You can't get rid of that message since your battery is rated at 1000 cycles...That message will come back after a few days when you do a SMC RESET.

Just ignore it and do what I do - if your battery still last for a few hours, use it until your battery becomes uselless

Battery--replace soon? Works fine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.