Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is British Columbia sales tax being charged on iBooks when BC's own documentation says that electronic books are exempt from sales tax?

I recently bought a book on iBooks and on the invoice realized that provincial sales tax (pst) was charge. As I knew books were pst exempt, I went to look at the government's website to see if they mention electronic books. I found the aptly named "What's taxable and what's not" (http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/topic/BED47DA4EBDBA60A5F28622B8B2E1451/uploads/ whats_taxable_whats_not.pdf) and started looking. On the first page, it distinctly says electronic books are exempt.

So, my question is - why are we getting charged tax when our government says that electronic books are tax exempt?

iBook, iOS 6.1

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 11:24 PM

There are no replies.

Why is British Columbia sales tax being charged on iBooks when BC's own documentation says that electronic books are exempt from sales tax?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.