Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download graphics tools for Xcode

I've just downloaded Xcode 4.6.1 in hopes of getting Quartz Composer, which I've learned is available in a graphics tools download from the Developer website. Unfortunately when I look through the downloads available, there is no graphics tools options. Even when I'm in Xcode and click on "more developer tools", the developer downloads comes up blank. Can anyone help me figure out how to get it? Please help, I need the program for a school project. Thank you!

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Apr 13, 2013 11:52 PM

18 replies

Apr 14, 2013 1:35 AM in response to mcole3

If you are using Safari, you can go to the Privacy tab in the Preferences, click the Details button for the Cookies and other website data, then select apple.com and click the Remove button to remove the cookies - note that you will need to reenter all of your information the next time you do something like log in to the discussions. There is an Empty Caches menu item in the Develop menu - that menu can be enabled from the Advanced tab of the Preferences.

Apr 16, 2013 1:01 AM in response to red_menace

Hi all,

I can see a list of packages, totally 108, in the page https://developer.apple.com/downloads. However, when I tried to search for 'Graphics Tools', 'Quartz', etc., nil was returned.

I'm using XCode 4.6.1 and seeking to install Quartz Debugger for verifying the High DPI support of the web application we're developing.

According to p.19 of the release note of XCode 4.6.1 (https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/developertools/Conceptual/ WhatsNewXcode/WhatsNewXcode.pdf) the Graphics Tools shall be availabe from developer.apple.com/downloads. Unfortunately, just can't find them after hours of searching.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Apr 16, 2013 10:33 AM in response to ghostclown

I actually didn't get QC through the Graphics Tools because it stil wasn't working for me. Instead I followed instructions from this website:

http://quartzcomposer.com/quartz-composer-installation-tutorial-how-to-install

So go to the 5th page on download on Apple Developer and download Xcode 3.2.1 Developer Tools from Oct. 13, 2009. Then I just searched for QC in spotlight and found it on my computer. Hopefully this works for you guys as well.

User uploaded file

Apr 17, 2013 10:42 PM in response to mcole3

Thanks to MCole. I did download XCode 3.2.1 Developer Tools accordingly.

But, believe it or not, I saw the "Graphics Tools for XCode - January 2013" right this morning, from deverloper.apple.com. After downloading it, I've got Quartz Debugger as well as Quartz Composer.

Just now, I've uninstalled the XCode 3.2.1 Developer Tools since I've got what I wanted to get. Thanks to you all. Perhaps, all your responses may have made Apple to respond. Thanks.

Regards

User uploaded file

Can't download graphics tools for Xcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.