Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Problem

Hey all

How are you ?

I have a real problem and i really need help .

sometimes i can't find my wifi network , and sometimes it work perfectly , :@

what's the problem ??!! i mean when i need to use the internet sometimes i can't ,and i try Diagnostics And Assistant ( the assisst me button )

can anyone help me ?

thanq all

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 10:49 AM

Hello,

Though all of these steps may or may not be needed, I'm including them all.

Make a New Location, Using network locations in Mac OS X ...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2712

10.5.x/10.6.x/10.7.x instructions...

System Preferences>Network, click on the little gear at the bottom next to the + & - icons, (unlock lock first if locked), choose Set Service Order.

The interface that connects to the Internet should be dragged to the top of the list.

If using Wifi/Airport...

Instead of joining your Network from the list, click the WiFi icon at the top, and click join other network. Fill in everything as needed.

For 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8, System Preferences>Network, unlock the lock if need be, highlight the Interface you use to connect to Internet, click on the advanced button, click on the DNS tab, click on the little plus icon, then add these numbers...

(There may be better or faster DNS numbers in your area, but these should be a good test).

Click OK.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2013 10:49 AM in response to 000jawad

Hello,

Though all of these steps may or may not be needed, I'm including them all.

Make a New Location, Using network locations in Mac OS X ...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2712

10.5.x/10.6.x/10.7.x instructions...

System Preferences>Network, click on the little gear at the bottom next to the + & - icons, (unlock lock first if locked), choose Set Service Order.

The interface that connects to the Internet should be dragged to the top of the list.

If using Wifi/Airport...

Instead of joining your Network from the list, click the WiFi icon at the top, and click join other network. Fill in everything as needed.

For 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8, System Preferences>Network, unlock the lock if need be, highlight the Interface you use to connect to Internet, click on the advanced button, click on the DNS tab, click on the little plus icon, then add these numbers...

(There may be better or faster DNS numbers in your area, but these should be a good test).

Click OK.

Apr 15, 2013 3:55 AM in response to BDAqua

thanQ BDAqua , but yesterday my airport network didn't work properly , it kept on and off , sometimes i find my airport network and sometimes i don't , that was yesterday , today when i turn my macbook on i couldn't find my network , so i pt it in sleep mode ( closed the screen ) and after maybe 10 minutes when i got back to my macbook and open the screen ( flipped the screen ) i find my network , and now after i did the steps, i guess, cause i couldn't understand them right , so i did as far as i understand , anyway what i mean is before i do the steps my macbook was connetcted to my network , and now i did the steps ,
do yo think the problem is solved ?
P.S. : i did the steps while the network was running and working perfectly .
i need your help please 🙂
and thanq 😀

Apr 20, 2013 10:02 AM in response to tedfromoh

Hi Ted, great to hear, thanks.

Basically, OSX got confused by some corrupt file, or past setting, rather than listing the multiple files & locations, which have changed in about every version of OSX, making a New Location will create all new files pertaining to that Location.

Intermittant working usually means there's a duplicate somewhere, & OSX may be going through the list forwards or backwards, for instance, one might have a ggod password & an old bad password strored in Keychain, OSX wakes up & to connect by Wifi looks up the wifi password, picks wrong one... & that is why sometimes turning off Airport/Wifi & back on will possibly connect fine as it looks up the password again.

The multiple Keychain entries is also a common problem with Mail sometimes sending/recieving, sometimes saying the password is bad & wont get/send mail.

Airport Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.