Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why cant I view my book that I purchased through iTunes on my computer?

Why cant I view my book that I purchased through iTunes on my computer? I have transfered the book from my iPhone 5 to my MacBook Pro but it will not open on my computer. I receive this message "This book can't be viewed using this computer. You can view this book using iBooks on your IOS device.". Is there a way to vew the book I purchased other than on my iPhone or iPad?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 8:01 AM

8 replies

Apr 14, 2013 11:07 AM in response to Jason Hallmark

All ibook's should say on their description page in the store that they can only be read in the iBooks app on an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch, so far Apple haven'e made a Mac reader for them. If it's a free ibook or from one or two particular publishers (e.g. o'Reilly) then you might be able to read it via Calibre, but the majority of ibooks have DRM on them which limit them to the iBooks app

Jun 21, 2013 4:23 PM in response to King_Penguin

King_Penguin wrote:

All ibook's should say on their description page in the store that they can only be read in the iBooks app on an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch, so far Apple haven'e made a Mac reader for them. If it's a free ibook or from one or two particular publishers (e.g. o'Reilly) then you might be able to read it via Calibre, but the majority of ibooks have DRM on them which limit them to the iBooks app

So, there are no third party readers in Mac OS X and Windows to read them from iTunes? 😟 I don't even own an iOS device. I just redeemed Action Comics' Superman #1 from Starbucks and iTunes.

Why cant I view my book that I purchased through iTunes on my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.