Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder, Icon View, Arrange by Name

Hello,

In Finder, Icon view, I prefer the display to be "arrange by name" because that way no matter how small the window is all folders and files are there and I can scroll down to find what I am looking for. In other settings, when I open a finder window, the files are all over the place and behind the visible area of the open finder window.

How can I ake this to be the default for all folders, current and future?

Thanks in advance.

Farzad

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 9:20 AM

12 replies

Apr 14, 2013 12:23 PM in response to kelhak1

When I have the option of doing that I do. Most of the time the option is grayed out.

Here is how it looks like in Finder Window:

User uploaded file

And here is how it looks like in a Folder View:

User uploaded file

In Folder View, the setting works only once and for that particular folder. New folders will not follow this new default setting and revert to the standard way arranging by "None"

Thanks

Apr 14, 2013 1:41 PM in response to kelhak1

Niether the Finder Window options nor Folder view options has a selection to snap to grid on my system. I am running mountain lion as I am sure are you.

This is an annoying issue and really not a big deal. It just looks like there has to be an easier way to get the view method to stay the way it is desired. Maybe this is a bug in the system.

Thanks for your time and help though.

Farzad

Finder, Icon View, Arrange by Name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.