Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to download Mac OS X on PC?

Hello Everyone,

I am interested in building my own computer from scratch but would really like to us Mac OS X. Is it possible to download Mac OS X on PC?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 10:03 AM

Not possible.

4 replies

Apr 14, 2013 10:24 AM in response to JSBillian

Well, there's nothing to prevent you from doing that, but then it would no longer be considered Apple hardware. 🙂

Actually, it is possible to do CPU upgrades in Mac Pros. I'm not sure which ones are amenable, but I've upgraded the processors in my 2006 Mac Pro from dual to quad cores. But I'm not familiar with the motherboards of later models, so I don't know if this could be done on all of them or just some of them. Of course this assumes that if the machine already came with CPUs having the most cores available, then they could not be upgraded other than for clock speed. This also assumes the computer is out of warranty because doing such an upgrade would void the warranty.

Given your curiosity you might do some Google searching.

Is it possible to download Mac OS X on PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.