Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

URGENT files saved in office autorecovery not shown

hi all,

yesterday while writing a paper of 3000 words, i saved it and by mistake, i chose to save it under (office autorecovery 2011) folder, but the thing is, when i tried looking for the file, i couldnt find it in that specific folder, so i tried saving another word files on this folder, but the result was the same, nothing was saved there.

so please can anyone help me, its sooooooooo urgent! thanks in advance.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 9:37 AM

3 replies

Apr 21, 2013 3:18 AM in response to abdullahka

I have been trying forever to try and find a file that I had saved this way also. Not a mistake I will be making again any time soon.

Click on the icon on the top left to open a file, in the window you can click on the folder name dropdown box and the autorecovery folder should be the first on your recent places list.

After looking everywhere for this folder on my computer this is the only place I could find it.

Hope this works for you too 🙂

URGENT files saved in office autorecovery not shown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.