Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad update problem

I have an IPad 2 version 4.3.5. I cannot update my apps or get icloud on it because it needs to be updated. When i plug it into my laptop and try to update it to the latest ios from itunes it runs for a while but near the end of the update it stops and says network error cannot complete update. I have checked my network and always have full connection sometimesi will be using the internet on another device or watching netflix on apple tv and neither will have internet problems. I have tried to update it multiple times on different days and it always does the same thing. Can anyone help?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 11:05 AM

If you are getting a network timeout error then try temporarily turning off all your firewall and antivirus software until the download has completed.

6 replies

Apr 14, 2013 12:22 PM in response to staceymc

You've disabled all firewalls/anti-virus software ? You could try downloading the update via a browser :

iOS 6.1.3 for wifi-only iPad 2

When it's finished downloading, in your computer's iTunes press and hold the shift key on Windows (command key on Mac) when clicking the Check For Updates button which should let you navigate to the downloaded file.

IPad update problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.