Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Daisy chaining thunderbolt and MacMini power

Hi, I am a little confused by Thunderbolt - can I daisy chain a FW 800 camera (via thunderbolt to fw800 adapter) through a Thunderbolt monitor to a Mac Mini and everything still work/ be identified as expected in the OS (i.e. the camera software I use to control the camera)?

Also - I was planning on buying a Mac Pro, however it is no longer on sale with no apparent window for a re (or new) release. Currently I use 2010 Mac Pros to control high frame rate FW 800 cameras plus read/write (via an esata card) to a hard drive array. Data transfer rates are about 60 MBps both from the camera and subsequently to the hard drives. Do you think the most powerful Mac Mini will be powerful enough for this application? I don't like buying without being sure, but similarly don't want to wait around any longer for a new MacPro release.

Many thanks,

Oli

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 12:03 PM

There are no replies.

Daisy chaining thunderbolt and MacMini power

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.