Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Used "Synch" instead of a transfer ont PC; imovie now missing video clips

Currently Being Moderated
Apr 14, 2013 7:26 PM

I made several movies using imovie on the ipadmini. The imovies use both still photos AND mini videos taken with either the iphone or the ipad mini.

I wanted to put the finished imovies on my pc to optimize playback with quicktime. Mistakenly, instead of transferring photos/movies from ipad mini onto PC, I connected with Itunes on my PC, and chose the Sync option. Aaaargh. It put a bunch of photos onto the Ipad mini I had taken OFF, prior to making the movies. Then, the worst part is, the completed imovie videos on the Ipad mini, are MISSING the video clips in the imovie. It's like they disapperaed when I did the Sync.

Where are the missing video clips? On my computer? On I cloud??? How do I find out? In the best case scenario, I would like to "find" the stuff that got "lost" when I synched the folder on the computer to the ipad mini, and have my IMovies restored to how they were before.

Please help!

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 7:39 PM

There are no replies.

Used "Synch" instead of a transfer ont PC; imovie now missing video clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.