Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to use Powerpoint presentations created in Macbook on an ipad mini. I have Keynote on both.

I've created Powerpoint presentations on Macbook and I want to use my ipad Mini to show the presentations. I have Keynote on both. I don't know how to proceed! I have saved the ppt as keynote.

iPad mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 9:34 PM

4 replies

Apr 14, 2013 11:11 PM in response to Siena1977

Alright,

Keynote cannot directly open up your .ppt files. It actually converts that into .key-tref which I think is iOS,OS X hybrid format of keynote. Your keynote.app on iPad can open the documents on the iCloud(other options include transferring the document from the iTunes). So, copy your document to the iCloud and you can open it up on the iPad automatically, if you activated the iCloud on your iPad.
I use it everyday and I never had a problem with .ppt or .key docs. It just notfies that its creating a fresh copy of the file if you dealing with a .ppt.

I want to use Powerpoint presentations created in Macbook on an ipad mini. I have Keynote on both.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.