Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 8008 still not resolved!

So, I can download almost any APP to my Iphones, Ipads and my computer. however, if they are rather large i often get the 8008 error. I've googled, checked these forums and basically used every bit of knowhow i have to fix this myself.

I have done the following:

Removed all spyware/virus software

Disabled all firewall securities (both router, network and computer firewalls)

Deleted all temporary files including the Downloads folder under Itunes.

Changed all permissions to allow anything and everything Apple

Ensured all ports were open and available that Itunes uses

Ran the diagnostics tool within Itunes - (EVERYTHING passed)

Uninstalled Itunes and reinstalled to most recent version

I honestly do not know what else to do, its driving me insane.

Two Apps in question are:

Magic the gathering 2013

DaVinci's Demons

Very frustrating that all i keep reading so many people still have this issue and it goes unresolved.

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 11:10 PM

7 replies

Apr 18, 2013 4:01 PM in response to RajaRani

Same here...I have had Skyfall since it released and I still cant get it to download. I have followed all the suggestions and just got off the phone with tech support and thier answer was it was my internet connection. I have a mac pro, 3 ipads, iphones and apple tv and yet my mini cant download tv or movies. My mini is the only thing hard wired and yes I have tried the mini wireless and nothing. After all the hoop jumping for these guys they are going to blame the internet connection? Look at these complaints...literally pages of them and no idea how to fix?

Apr 19, 2013 6:14 PM in response to tpash

I am a Windows user and did not encounter this problem ever.

BTW See this is from Apple Support Doc

"Error -50," "-5000," "8003," "8008," or "-42023"

These alerts occur due to timeouts or conflicts trying to write a file during download.

If you encounter this issue while accessing iTunes Store:

See iTunes 9: "One Moment Please" or "Error (-50)" message when accessing iTunes Store

If you encounter this issue while while downloading something from the iTunes Store:

Delete your iTunes Downloads folder, located in:

Mac OS X:
 ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Downloads Note: "iTunes Media" may appear as "iTunes Music. Also, the tilde (~) refers to your Home directory.

Error 8008 still not resolved!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.