Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bad or no sound

Hello,

I have a MacPro 8core with Snow leopard 10.6.8... I have it for more than 3years without problems and since yesterday the sound of the Led cinema sounds very distorted and sometimes no sound at all.

-unplugging USB from Led display only cures NO SOUND,but the sound is still distorted

-same for restarting / shutting down MAC ... Sound is back but very distorted (using itunes,web....)

-Tried to do SMC reset . (unplugging powercord MacPro for 15 sec,then plug power cord back in and wait 5 secs before turning computer on)...still distorted sound and after some minutes no sound

-Also unplugged power from Led Display while computer still on and plug powercord back in led display but still distorted sound..

-Also changing output devices in system preferences doesn't work : internal speakers work and my PCI-424 work but still distorted sound on Led display..

Please Help,thanks everybody for your time and sorry for crappy english

PS : i didn't install new software or update anything!

Tim W

MacPro 8-core 12gig, Mac OS X (10.6.2), HD192,Jupiter8,Juno2,Juno60,TB303...

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 4:38 AM

There are no replies.

bad or no sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.