Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drainage 6.1.3

When will be the update that fix battery drainage in ios 6.1.3? Battery life is very very poor.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 3:12 AM

5 replies

Apr 15, 2013 5:45 AM in response to jesterwylde

Thnx, jesterwylde, for the reply.

But when I used iOs 6.1.2 there were no any problems with the battery. My iPhone 4S worked perfect with good battery life. So I guess problem is in the firmware iOS 6.1.3. Here are a lot of topics about bad battery life on iOS 6.1.3 therefore service is not my case. I just would to know when Apple fix the problem?

Apr 15, 2013 7:31 AM in response to Eduard Samsonov

Eduard Samsonov wrote:

Thnx, jesterwylde, for the reply.

But when I used iOs 6.1.2 there were no any problems with the battery. My iPhone 4S worked perfect with good battery life. So I guess problem is in the firmware iOS 6.1.3. Here are a lot of topics about bad battery life on iOS 6.1.3 therefore service is not my case. I just would to know when Apple fix the problem?

You are operating under the impression that Apple is going to fix a "problem". But the vast majority of iPhone users don't have this "problem". So what is different about your iPhone? Perhaps there was a problem with the installation or perhaps your iPhone has coincidentally developed a hardware problem.

To determine what is the cause of your problem and, possibly fix it, follow the following procedure:

1. Backup your device using iTunes or iCloud.
  2. Use iTunes to completely restore your device as new.
  3. Setup your device and monitor battery usage to see if it is normal. If not, you may have a hardware problem - if so, contact Apple support.
  4. Restore your device from your backup above.
  5. Check battery usage to confirm that it remains normal.

If you sit around doing nothing you risk the warranty on your iPhone 4S running out (if you have time left) and leaving you holding the bag so to speak.

Apr 17, 2013 11:51 PM in response to JimHdk

One is that a little bit helped me I found yesterday. I switched off my 3G network and just left 2G(EDGE) and turned off all any locations. I turned off WiFi if need not. Push is also off as always My experience from 100% charge to 71% (so 29% discharge) is 2h35min usage time and 13h39min standby. It is all good but it bring me many problems because I very often use Maps with traffic situations, therefore I compelled to find my current place by hands and the traffic info loads not so fast in 2G mode. In some situations you have to get decision fast where to go. 2G is not good for this.

When there were iOS 6.1.2 on my iPhone 4S I never switched off WiFi, 3G and locations. I have just turned off Push.

I dont know will this work on other iPhones but this a little bit helped for my one. Anyway this is not a fix of the problem. Problem is still here and the problem is in the firmware IMHO. I hope to see new Apple update in very close time.

It will be also very good to know the exact date if this one.

Battery drainage 6.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.