Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

date sort-"EDT" included with some img's can't sort right

I had originally imported/created my library via iPhoto. Had it open in Aperture. I have done a few adjustments to some pics outside Aperture (PSE9). [I just save the file outside of Aperture and then import the file into Aperture so as to avoid any corruption in my Aperture library.]

I am assuming this is the problem anyway....:

When I imported those files into Aperture directly, vs into iPhoto and then opened in Aperture, Aperture adds the EDT time zone stamp to the end of the "date" field. The "EDT" is not included with all the other pics originally created in iPhoto. So, when I go to sort by date, it puts the EDT ones out of sync.

Technically these times are suppose to be PST (I had changed my time in my 60D Canon-it doesn't have the time zone support like a 7D does.), but iPhoto or Aperture has no idea. That is beside the point. I just want my pics in order.

How do I get it to fix this? The date, the time, the seconds are all the same, but for some reason the EDT on the end of the select few messes up the order of pics.

Thanks!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 5:42 AM

Have you tried to set the time zone, when you are importing your images? In the "Import" panel is a brick, that lets you specify the timezone that the camera has been set to and the time zone that you want to use. Try to set the "Camera time" to PSD in the the "Import" panel, and the "Actual Time" as well. If you do not tell Aperture the timezone on import, it will assume the timezone to be the timezone your system is set to by default.

User uploaded file

You can also adjust the time zones after import using the "Metadata > Batch Change" command.

Regards

Léonie

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2013 5:42 AM in response to kahlua021997

Have you tried to set the time zone, when you are importing your images? In the "Import" panel is a brick, that lets you specify the timezone that the camera has been set to and the time zone that you want to use. Try to set the "Camera time" to PSD in the the "Import" panel, and the "Actual Time" as well. If you do not tell Aperture the timezone on import, it will assume the timezone to be the timezone your system is set to by default.

User uploaded file

You can also adjust the time zones after import using the "Metadata > Batch Change" command.

Regards

Léonie

date sort-"EDT" included with some img's can't sort right

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.