Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Ipod touch 3rd and 4th generations come with 16 GB

Hi,

I'm confused. We bought our daughter an Ipod Touch 4G for Christmas and the product listing said 16 GB. Now we are looking to puchase a used Ipod Touch 3G 16 GB for her little brother to play games and listen to music. However, in my research I'm finding that Apple does not list either of these generations (3rd OR 4th) as coming with 16 GB, only 32 GB or 64 GB. Can anyone clear this up for me as I see tons of 3G/16 GB listings on Ebay and I'm wondering if they are valid or are they actually 2G. I know there is a difference in model no. but what are the true differences? Also, will a 3G be sufficient for the game-playing or do most of the new games require a higher IOS than the 3G can run? (No matter how much $ we save by buying an earlier generation, it will be money wasted if it's not useful!!) Thanks.

iPod touch

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 7:31 AM

5 replies

Apr 15, 2013 8:23 AM in response to poortoe

Apple did not release a 16GB 3rd-generation iPod touch, only 32GB and 64GB models, so any such claims are in error. You can learn how to differentiate the different models, and see the capacities they come/came in, here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1353

As to whether to purchase a 3rd-gen unit, I'd advise against it. It can't run the current version of iOS, iOS 6, and hence will see fewer and fewer apps available for it. Get at least a 4th-gen model.

Regards.

Do Ipod touch 3rd and 4th generations come with 16 GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.