Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I set the date and time insert to the format I want?

I would like the date to be formatted in the short form on my docs. However whenever I insert date and Time it always come out at the long form i.e.

Monday, 15 April 2013.

Right clicking allows me to edit it but the next time I inset it the long form re-appears.

I've tried to do it via the system preferences > language and text > region > customise route but the same thing thing happens. I choose the short form at the top of the choices but it still comes out in the long form on the docs.

Only a minor point but it is irritating 'cos it should be simple (probably is 'cept I'm a bit slow).

I'm running Mountain Lion 10.8.3

Thanks

W.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iMac 11,1 Intel Core i5. 2.66GHz

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 6:35 AM

9 replies

Apr 15, 2013 7:26 AM in response to Rudegar

Sorry, didn't make myself clear. By docs I meant any documents e.g. Pages or Numbers. I start a letter in pages and go to 'insert date and time' and I want it in the form e.g. 10/04/2013 but I always get the long form e.g. Monday April 10th 2013. No big deal like I said but irritating that I can't change it to what I want.

Thanks for quick response.

W.

Apr 15, 2013 8:53 AM in response to wilfredfromcastleford

Wilfred. I found this in one of the More like this posts >>>>> opposite your first post. It might apply if you are on Pages 08. Insert Date/Time: Apple Support Communities

I would never have thought of double or right clicking on the date itself. I haven't tested it to see what formats exist. One last suggestion, if we don't resolve it here, write a new post and put it in the iWork pages columns. There you may meet up with the gurus in that persuasion.

Why can't I set the date and time insert to the format I want?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.